Learn Kubernetes networking and security fundamentals using Calico
Note this is the new 2021 version of the course. If you’ve enrolled in the course prior to January 15th 2021 you can access the 2020 course here.
Kubernetes is the de facto standard for deploying and managing container-based applications at scale, both on-premises and in the cloud. Calico is the most popular open-source networking and security solution for Kubernetes. This course will arm you with the knowledge you need to understand how Kubernetes networking works, how to configure and manage a Calico network, and how to secure your cluster following today’s best practices, with the confidence you need to run mission critical workloads in production.
What the Course Covers
- Introduction to Kubernetes Networking
- Installing Calico
- Everything you need to know about Network Policy, including:
- Introduction to Network Policy
- Best Practices for Network Policy
- Managing Trust Across Teams
- Network Policy for Hosts and NodePorts
- Everything you need to know about network connectivity, including:
- Pod Connectivity Fundamentals
- Calico’s Next Generation eBPF Dataplane
- Encrypting Data in Transit
- Fun with IP Address Management
- Peering with BGP
- Everything you need to know about Kubernetes Services, including:
- Introduction to Kubernetes Services
- Understanding Kube-Proxy Service Handling
- Understanding Calico Native Service Handling
- Advertising Services
Not quite ready to get certified?
Learn more about Kubernetes Networking in this newly released eBook written by Alex Pollitt, CTO and Co-Founder of Tigera and Co-Creator of Project Calico. The eBook shares everything you need to confidently approach Kubernetes networking and security, starting with basic networking concepts, all the way through to advanced Kubernetes networking with eBPF.